Do you still teach offline?
If yes, you are knowingly missing out a million dollar opportunity.
But I can feel your anxiety. A fear of, How would I manage all things ranging from website to marketing tools?
The same fear haunted me too. Until I came to know, There are some best online teaching platforms exist, especially for non-techy.
Just like, me and you.
After reading this post, Your nerves would ease to know how easy is to teach online in 2020.
You would also be able to choose a best online course platform that is so simple to use.
More over, I will introduce 3 different ways you can opt to start your online teaching business
You have to choose one among them, that suits your budget and requirements.
See, Selecting a Best online course training platforms is the first step to enter in this billion dollar industry.
E-learning is the future.
Research and market forecasts predict the online teaching industry will grow to $325 Billion by 2025.
2020, is the time to choose best online course software and take a lead.
In this article I will review top 10 online course training platforms/software with pros and cons in length.
So without a due let’s dive into it
What to look for in an Online Course Platform
Before, you go for building your first online course, you look for certain features, an online course creator website offers.
Here it is
- User-friendly Dashboard
- Drag & drop builder
- Marketing Tools Integration
- Platform upload speed
- Quick Support
Type of online course Platforms
there are three types of online teaching platforms. Opt one that suits your pocket and comes with technical ease.
1. Course Platform hosted on third parties websites
This is the best option.
How do they work? let’s understand
These are the websites that provide you a login and a dedicated space where you can upload your course.
Apart from it, These platforms are flexible enough to integrate with marketing tools.
In shorts, purchase a plan, upload your series of courses, integrate your marketing tools and start earning.
The best part is, Such websites also provide dedicated training to newbies.
My favorite is teachable, thinkfic, podia. There are many more, we’ll talk about them in the next section.
- Can decide your own course price
- No need to purchase separate hosting
- Provide subdomain
- Optimized for higher traffic
- As you grow, upgrade your plan
- best for non-techy
- Provide training for newbie
- Integrate easily with marketing tools
In short, if you just want to concentrate on your teaching just choose one, and get set go.
2. Online Independent course platforms
Have you heard about udemy, lynda? Yes these are kind of ecommerce market place sepcially for online courses.
The process is, register create your login, upload your course. Rest would be handled by platforms itself.
But you have certain restrictions
- Course prices decided by platforms
- Courses are given ranks according to the feedback of students
3. Self Hosted course platforms on WordPress website
This is the third option. If you can manage verious things, like hosting, WordPress, few technicals hacks.
However, as i am making the list of top option to create online course. I have to include it.
There are certain plugins like Memeberpress, LearnDash that well integrate with WordPres websites.
I have written a post listing Best LMS plugin in 2020 free and premium.
How to choose Best online course training platforms in 2020
See, it depends on various factors. I have summed up few. I hope following points will help you to choose one among best for you.
1. Your Budget
See, there is a proverb “one should not live beyond one’s mean”. Budget is the primary factor. If you are just starting out and don’t have students.
Go with an option that offer free trial or lowest plan. I would suggest Teachable and Thincfic as both offer it.
Yes, there is a free plan where you can experience platform features can excess free training.
But, if you have big budget and thousands of students, you can try wordpress with LMS plugin like LearnDash.
Here you own your School, greater flexibility, integration of all marketing tools and automation tools.
2. Your Technical Know-how
Yes, if you are from non-technical background. prebuilt online course platform are best one to go with.
You can start with Teachable or Thinkfic. Becuase they offer everything. Just create your account choose your plan, attend training, that’s it.
Don’t go with WordPress, It requires a proper training to manage it. Just concentrate on creating owesome course series, upload it and earn.
But, if you know how to manage WordPress and good number of students. Go with it, it would give you more freedom and flexibility.
It’s your asset, How you manage it, it’s upto you.
3. Number of Students
See, All factors are interrelated. If you have good quanity of students and not a techy, go with online course creator websites Teachable, Podia, Thinkfic etc
Vice-versa if you familiar with WordPress and large followers that WordPress + LMS Plugin would be the best choice.
List of Best Online Course Platforms in 2020
See, this is the list of top online course creator websites in ascending order of my preference. You can choose one among that appeal you most.
Teachable is the online course platform that empower a user to create, upload, manage and sell the online course.
Why it is at the first place, because it provides a free plan, however with many restrictions, where you can experience most of it’s features.
Teachable Page Builder
It integrate with course page builder to beautify look and feel of the course content. No technical know-how required.
Just drag and drop, a little go through, and you are good to go.
All Marketing Tools Integration:-
Teachable integrates almost with all the marketing tools such as email marketing tools, payment gateways, zapier etc.
User can create a blog:-
Here, user can build a blog under subdomain of teachable. See, blogs are biggest source to drive traffic to your courses.
It is called content Marketing.
Mixed media in course:-
User can include mostly all kinds of media in course like video, audio, text, pdf files, downloadable text files. can enable discussion through comments.
Integrated payment gateway:-
Teachable has it’s own payment gateway, charges are different with plans.
However, you can collect payment from your payment gateway and integrate the teachable platform through an automation tool like zapier.
Teachable offers three plan. However it also offers free plan too. I will talk about it, at the end of this section.
- 5% transaction fees.
- Unlimited students
- Instant Payouts
- 2 admin-level users
- Product support
- Course creator training
- Custom Domain Support
- Coupon Codes
- Drip course content
- Integrate Email marketing
- Third-party integrations
- It includes Everything in Basic
- unlimited students
- No transactions fees
- Instant payouts
- 5 admin-level users
- Priority product support
- Graded quizzes
- Advance reports
- Unbranded website
- course completion certificates
- course compliance
- Integrated affiliate marketing
- It includes everything in professional plus
- Unlimited students
- No transactions fees
- Instant payouts
- 20 admin level users
- Priority Products Support
- Manual student Imports
- Bulk student enrollments
- custom user roles
- Advanced theme customization
- Group coaching calls
Teachable – Pros
- Easy to use
- variety of features
- good support and community excess
- Provide free plan also for beginners
- Step by Step Compete course creating training
- Fair pricing
Teachable – Cons
- Limited page builder options
- lack of integration of google drive and Dropbox
- No built-in email marketing feature
Thinkfic is also a cloud-based online course platform. One can design and upload courses without any coding.
Everything is drag & drop. It also has different plan as per the requirement.
Page Builder is quite easy to use. Best for beginners and non-Techy.
following are the prime features of thinkfic
Easy to create online courses:-
Thinkfic is easy to use. Just register choose a plan, login create menu, course title and upload whole course at a time.
It offers all kinds of media ranging from video, audio, image, pdf files. You can also open comments discussions for your community.
Drag & Drop Page Builder:-
It’s page builder is quite impressive. It has all good looking templetes to give a professional look for your website.
Let me confess it, Website outlay is the first impression. Try to create a professional home page.
The Impressive Course templates:-
As you build your website, Course templates appear to guide you to build better websites. Through the whole process, course templates continue to offer the best available options available.
Integrated Payment gateways:-
Apart from all kinds of Multimedia content like videos, quizzes, text, PDF, surveys, etc. It also offers other features to fuel your sale such as 1-click upsells, coupons.
Thinkfic offers various plans including free plan too,
It’s free plan is better than Teachable offering around 32 more features.
It offers, free, basic, pro+growth and Premier. Free plan good for those who want to have an experience of the platform.
As you grow, upgrade your plan.
I have written a comprehensive comparision of Teachable and Thinkfic
- Offers more advanced quiz elements, community and assignments
- It offers mutiple prebuilt themes and featured full page builder.
- You can create a seperate community area for your students
- Bulk sell courses feature
- Offer no monthly fees and zero transactions charges for beginners
- can create as many course you want including free plan
Thinkfic – Cons
- Does not offer live chat support
- Doesn’t support EU VAT
- 2 step check-out Pages
- No native Commnets Feature
- Does not offer a mobile app.
Similar to teachable and thinfkic, Podia is also a popular online course creation platform.
But it differs a bit as far as the features are concern.
Apart from supporting online video courses, it also allow other digital products such as
- Online Courses
- Digital Downloads
It’s page builder is strong enough than thinkfic and Teachable
For your wonder, Podia has inbuilt Email marketing tool and messaging app.
Currently Podia does not support Quizzes, Certificates, Content Locking etc.
On the sales side, Podia offers all option to boost your sale such as coupons, affiliate marketing, email marketing, payment gateway, course bundle
Podia Pricing Plan
Podia Does not have any free plan. However it offers 14 day free trial where you can access its all features and decide which paid plan will suit your needs.
It currently offer two paid plan Mover and Shaker.
you can explore Podia Pricing in their official website.
Podia – Pros
- Super easy to use
- Powerful platform
- The page builder is super
- email marketing
- inbuilt messaging app
- Also support digital downloads, webinar, membership sites
- zero transaction fees
- 24*7 support
- Free Migrations
- can create a blog
- support of Affiliate Marketing
Podia – Cons
- Does not support cloud import
- grades quizzes, certificates, course compliance not available
- Does not offer a mobile app
- does not offer a free plan
- Does not support to create a separate community area on the platform
Kajabi is incredible. It is one of the online course platform that has all features you wish ranging from creating a course to ultimately boost the sale of.
However, it’s a little pricey than other platforms. But if you estimate the cost of all your marketing tools, Kajabi would see cheaper.
What I say about Kajabi it’s complete package of all digital marketing tools.
Features of Kajabi
- Can sell courses and digital products
- offer to create a website and blog (no need of WordPress)
- Integrated Payment gateway
- Inbuilt Analytics
- Integrated Email Marketing tool
- Strong Page builder
- offer sales funnels and automation
- can create communities around your products
- Offer android/ios app
In short One’s you opt for Kajabi, you don’t need any kind of plugin and third party marketing tool.
Isn’t it best option?
It does not offer any free plan. But you can go for 14 day free trial and expreience all the features of all plans.
Kajabi offer three plans
Basic, Growth, and Pro. All plans differ in the number of features they offer. You can explore Kajabi pricing features on their official website.
- a support video course, digital products, membership sites
- Integrated Payment Gateway
- Integrated Email Marketing
- Easy to use page builder
- Integrated Sales funnel and autonomous
- Doesn’t offer to create certificates Natively
- It doesn’t support advanced quiz elements, randomization, question banks, etc.
- Price is high, does not suit if you have few students.
Learnworlds is also a powerful cloud-based online training platform. It also offers a complete online learning & E-commerce solution.
It’s exclusive feature is its interactive video learning. Learnworlds integrate with all possible
Exclusive features are
- Interactive E-book Reader
- Interactive Video Player
- Advanced Quiz
- Social Community Builder
- While Label
Moreover, It also offer a powerful page builder with pre-built beautiful templates. You can easily creates sales page (landing Page) and Home page of your online course website.
It has everything, a marketer need such as
- Integrated Payment gateway
- can create online video courses, Bundles, and Memberships
- can easily create Profitable Marketing Funnels
Learnworld – Pros
- Offers a powerful online video editor to include interactive elements
- support advance quizzes, certificates, course compliance, etc.
- Integrate with all marketing tools
- beautiful pre-built template for a sales page
- can create your own online community of followers
- support affiliate Programs
LearnWorld – Cons
- Does not offer Mobile App
- Higher Plan a are quite Expensive